The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Well... we’re down. Congrats to Luton and Barnsley though especially the former as they’ve been playing extremely well and deserved there place to stay in the championship. Congrats to Birmingham as well, hopefully they can rebuild next season and come back as a much stronger team.

As for Charlton, I think that result pretty much summed up our season and how it’s just been a car crash from September. Didn’t surprise me that Leeds won that game, they’re finally going back to the Prem after 16 years and wanted to finish the season on a win and with the team they’ve got, they were easily going to tear us apart. Good luck to them.

In regards to Charlton though we have so many issues not just with the players but with the ownership. It’s just been an absolute joke and I literally have no idea what’s going to happen and how long it will take to get sorted. At the moment I seriously don’t think we will be bouncing back and winning promotion back to the Championship next season. We need some serious investment but unfortunately we always seem to attract dodgy owners at the moment.

I’m gutted though cause at the start of the season and the way we was playing it looked like we could’ve done very well. Then our main striker was injured in Sept and it was just too many poor results after that. Then came the ownership change in January and it looked like the beginning of a fresh start and a boost of morale for both the fans and everyone involved in the club. It ended up being such a huge mess and then once the football returned after lockdown, our main striker, the one person we needed chose not to play. To top things off there were many games this season where we kept giving away points in the dying stages of the game (Birmingham for example) which again is something that cost us massively.

There’s only been one shining moment for me this season and that’s Dillon Phillips. He’s been outstanding this season I think and there’s been many times where he’s saved us from some really bad results and the fact he’s played every game this season shows how much of a great player he is for us at the moment. He definitely deserved our player of the season, just a shame that the season ended on such a harsh result for him.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote