BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Started a BB11 rewatch and got through Week 1. I enjoyed the first few days quite a bit! ~The Mole~ was kind of a dumb opening twist but it was entertaining enough and by default is one of the better ones this show has done. Other than that, it's kind of chill so far with not many big plot points. Shabby and Ben have gotten in a squabble but they don't REALLY hate each other just yet. John James keeps talking about how Corin is one of the most gorgeous women he's ever met in his life?! I forgot just how Sunshine-dominant the early days were but I'm not mad about it at all The Rachael/John James storyline also took up A LOT more airtime than I remembered so in some ways I'm glad we can move past it now.

1. Corin (she was practically INV until she stood up for Rachael when John Jams yelled at her, but after that she's been OTTP hilarity with her lie to Sunshine about being pregnant and expecting that she'll be painted bright red for her bright day from Bob Righter and singing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life in the DR her affect is rather hypnotic too honestly)
2. Sunshine (alol she's SO awkward and lacks so many social skills but I'm enamored by her. Her elocution is just hilarious when she says **** like "My name is Sunshine " when BB asks them to say who will be doing part of a task or when she goes into the DR and asks if she can be the mole because she feels bad for Mario she's definitely a grating human to live with and she takes some of her arguments with people WAY too far while just saying the same thing over and over again, she balances it out with random moments like jumping on Mario's back for a piggyback ride immediately after accusing him of being the mole)
3. Ben (a little lowkey this week but he's just really funny with what he says and how he says it? I'm ready for him to BREAK OUT with his scathing insults and commentary because so far all we've gotten is "whose bollocks will be snapped off next?" re: Shabby/Caoimhe/Ife)

4. Josie (one of the better Dead Normal Me girls in BBUK lore? At least when she's not codependent on John James yet :3)
5. Nathan (so UTR but I kinda vibe with him whenever he's shown on screen? He seems nice enough and at this point that's good enough for a #5 in my ranking)
6. Steve (I, too, am also shocked that Steve is my #6 but like Nathan, he's kinda vaguely likable at times so far)
Rachael (I do feel bad for her and I think she is a fun enough human BUT oh my god just give it up with John James. It was just sad to watch her keep crawling back for more bc he thought he was fit and she wanted to be his friend and at some point you just have to say **** him and leave it be!!! Also she was kinda bitchy about Sunshine early on but oh well)
7. Ife (The secret works, apparently)
8. Caoimhe (the only moment I remember is her saying John James was a WANKER when he made Rachael cry)
9. Govan (definitely the biggest bitch in the early days but NOT the worst ever like we all thought back in 2010. He's calmed down lately and I'm fine with him)
10. Shabby (Ben's absolutely right that she IS an actress and hams it up so much with how SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAAAAAND and she's kinda annoying honestly :3 I know that by the time she walked I ended up at least being able to appreciate what she brought to the show but I'm not there yet!)
11. Mario (I guess he handled being the mole well but after that he's just been MOR fodder lusting after Ben, and if you want to lust after a straight boy you have to be willing to stoop to Craig Coates levels of psychosis for me to care!)
12. Dave (his entire persona is creepy and off-putting)

13. John James (I know he's not even at his worst yet but he's already in red! It takes, like, four days for him to decide that Rachael is THE SCUM OF THE EARTH because of her face, and it also extended to him talking about how he was being nice to Mario by always going into the Mole Hole and saying good night to him every night, and then all the girls started doing it because they just wanted to get on TV since they know Mario's a focal point of the show. But John James was just doing it to be noble and kind Also he keeps going on about how he HATES arrogance and shallowness and then tries to talk about how men don't treat women well enough after he keeps shouting down Rachael and making her cry?! And openly talks about how he doesn't last long in bed at all?! Everything is so contrived for the public to like him and it's frightening how it ends up working ugh kill me I can't handle a full series of him)
BB11 Week 2:

1. Ben (alol what a disaster of a human being he means well fundamentally but just puts his foot in his mouth time and time again and every interaction he has with other people ends up being a complete disaster. He's witty and incisive and FUNNY so duh)
2. Corin (her best day ever was AMAZING but then she literally didn't exist afterwards other than when a bloody moth attacked her asdfjkl
3. Sunshine (had a very low-key week but the latest episode had her receive crisps so I think #Crispgate will be coming soon. I'm impressed with the damage control she did after receiving ten nominations last week)

4. Ife (she's nowhere close to green but alol at her literally being like "Hey Keeva, Shabby has something to tell you ;o)" to Shabby's horror, and then being all "um guys I want to distance myself from you two bc your conversations BORE me but no hard feelings xx" lmaooooo)
5. Josie (she kinda had a low-key week but the fact that she already riled up John James to the point where he almost quit during Week 2 is pretty remarkable so gj girl)
6. Steve (he seems nice?)
Govan (I definitely don't like him BUT I have some pity definitely. He was a bitchy gossip but he was also young and dumb and definitely not fully comfortable with his sexuality and who he is and I feel like that's just a really bad time in your life to have documented on national television. And I think he realized that too :3 his eviction interview was awkward bc you could tell he was just recoiling in horror the whole time. Also, wanting to walk because you heard a producer laugh at you while you were crying in the DR is my fave reason ever for wanting to walk)
7. Nathan (he didn't exist this week honestly)
8. Dave (somehow was't completely abhorrent because he really wasn't on the show and just got SPV about being a fake religious nut. But he's one of the closest things to a loyal Ben cub so that gets him points?)
9. Shabby (she is A Lot and I don't particularly like her and she's horrid in arguments but she kinda cut back on the theatrics this week so gj I guess)
10. Mario (became a whiny drip as soon as he got nominated but thx for being a loyal Ben cub)
11. Caoimhe (so I'm not really liking her at all? She doesn't get a whole lot of personalized focus but she's just vaguely bitchy and mean-spirited and not really in a fun way. And I feel like I fundamentally disagree with, like, every take she has alol)

12. John James (threatening to quit bc Josie had playful banter with him that ~crossed the line~, endlessly haranguing Sunshine for dumb **** including going by a fake nickname when he literally changed his name to Achilles in a former life, getting the house punished for discussing the fact that Ben nominated Sunshine and then lashing out at Ben for being dishonest and disloyal, complaining about how it's ANNOYING that it's illegal to not vote in Australia so therefore he has to do a write-in for Yoda bc he hates politics and doesn't care about it since it doesn't affect him directly... over him already and there's still eight weeks left of him AND we're not even in the John Josie saga yet omfg)

Another decent week! I feel like there's not really much of an overarching storyline and this cast isn't really that complex and the house dynamics aren't really established all that well so that's not really good, but each episode is entertaining enough in isolation so I'm still enjoying things! The Caoimhe/Shabby love saga had a lot of focus in the beginning of the week was kind of annoying at times, but it really is a tragic story of unrequited lesbian love. And then after that storyline was done we had a half-week of Ben just being a disaster and handling every human interaction in the worst way possible and getting isolated by the entire house I feel like next week will be when things really start to pick up in terms of storylines and dynamics that become important for the remainder of the season so we'll see!

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 24-07-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote