BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
They were asked to shield for 12 weeks then a further 4, then there was some leeway with going outside, it obviously sucks but they could be shielding forever if a vaccine isn't found, they have to find a way to resume some kind of normal life and at many of the briefings there were questions at to how they could do this as some of those shielding felt they were forgotton, everyone has a different story, and no its not one size fits all, if you live in a fairly remote area the need for you to shield is completely different to those living in a City
Well I'll ask again.

How many of those shielding wanted an end to the shielding.
Especially I add as to others entering their ' safe ' home areas and as to the help and aid put in place to help those shielding.

To those actually in rural areas too.

Now the government is stopping the shielding, that instruction of the home being safest and that aid is halted.

I actually think you'd find, more shielding would prefer that staying in place.
I'd dare bet on it.

Unless you can fire me those significant and many numbers you mention not quantified.
That would show a majority against remaining protectively shielded.
I believe, it wouldn't be a majority.

I just believe, as you overlook it, with the PM saying he is expecting a likely second wave in 2 weeks.
Then it makes no sense to remove the shielding in place, 2 weeks before it.

As you state, it was for 12 weeks to the 16th June..
It was then extended a further 2 weeks to 1st August.

So it has been extended once..
Why not again, especially in light of a possible second wave coming soon after ending said shielding.

I'd rather see shielding for longer than more sick and elderly ending up dead now.
With all the devastating pain that then too brings to their loved ones mourning their loss.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.