View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:37 PM #44
-

-

I think it's a uniform and uniforms inherently come with certain connotations and are designed, if not to be threatening, to at least hint at an organised "front" or a battle line being drawn. I'm not intimidated by it, I don't think it's unquestionably intended to intimidate, but I do think that it's inevitably going to be misconstrued and thus might not have the intended effect. I think it pushes the movement further towards the fringe and makes it difficult for the bulk of "mainstream peoples" to continue to empathise, so those people will disengage, and at that point the battle is lost.

As I've said before I understand the motivation, I understand the frustration, I understand the DESIRE to "force change"... I'm just a realist and have to point out that you can't force change without mainstream support, and thus, any action that erodes mainstream support is going to be counter-productive.

tl;dr I get it, but I think sadly a lot of the mainstream support gained lately is going to get nervous and exit via the side door.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 02-08-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote