View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 PM #5444
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Fantastic BB11 write-ups, Macie!

I've got round to finishing week two of BB3. It's still enjoyable - I'm not sure why I didn't watch it sooner. The only thing that bothers me is the 'he fancies you, she fancies you' stuff, which never amounts to anything. Like, how many times is Lee going to tell Adel that he likes her? How many times does Adel have to awkwardly laugh it off and say thanks, lmao? It's interesting how desperate people are to get with people in the house. BB really was Love Island before Love Island was Love Island.

I'm not sure what my final thoughts on Alison are because I was sad to see her go, despite the fact that she could be irritating. I think it would've been better had Sandy been evicted (sorry Macie). It was quite cruel how he planted the 'public know what's up' seed into Alison's head right before she'd left, as well as Kate and Jonny. He's a bit of a know-it-all who doesn't really know much, tbh.

Ugh, Alex has been the best part of the week. He's programmed to irritate the life out of people, and I love how he throws strops like a child and refuses to be diplomatic about literally anything. But yeah, peeing in the shower is gross and he has every right to be disgusted by it. The fact that Jonny and Alison made out he wasn't being reasonable because he didn't want them to pee in the shower is...just weird. He is a bit cruel towards Kate but meh whatever, she plays victim too much sometimes.

Lee seems like a cool guy but it's really ****ty how he's using the show to find someone to cheat on his girlfriend with. Adel remains one of my faves, she's just naturally likeable and makes a really good narrator (I love her diary rooms). PJ is still non-existent and boring. Spencer is essentially becoming non-existent and boring. Sophie seems nice but time will tell. I do actually love how Jade plays the 'secret agent' as Alex refers to her. It feels a bit wrong to be enjoying her as much as I am but oh well.

I HAVE to finish up by talking about things from 2002 that would 100% not be accepted in today's society, which is weird because it still doesn't feel that long ago. Like the whole DR on Jade's birthday where she and Kate pretended to be school girls and talked about Alex 'being a boy who thinks he's a girl'. ALSO, there was a major-cringe BBLB episode where Matt Lucas and David Walliams were basically dry af and obviously did not give a crap about Big Brother or Dermot, and when asked about Alison, Matt said something like: 'she reminds me of my dad because they have the same beard'. I mean it's not horrifically backwards but just weird **** that wouldn't be said now-a-days.

Last edited by Braden; 05-08-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote