View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 12:50 PM #3723
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
....gosh TS...I really hadn’t got you as a snob but that’s how it’s appearing...all for academics/education and down with those pub dwellers, they’re a bit low in the pecking order of humans...I’m going to leave this because these conversations rarely get anywhere other than where it seems headed...(...some and many pubs...)...are a huge part of a community...both economically and socially...I need to get out into the sun, I think...
Prioritising education and academics over pubs is the bar for snobbery now? Seriously?

If so then yes I am a snob. With all other factors out of the equation I have no problem with people enjoying pubs or any other leisure activity they happen to enjoy; I do think it lacks imagination if people can't think of an alternative.

But if we're talking "pecking order" and choices/prioritisation then yes, education comes above (far, far above) ANY optional adult leisure activity of any kind and I'm flabberghasted that anyone would imagine there's a decent argument to the contrary. I've yet to see one offered up other than "that's offensive" and "but I like the pub". That it's a heavily populated employment industry IS a half-decent argument but really does not play into this "pecking order" argument.

Schools are above pubs in the pecking order. Yes. 100%. ffs.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 10-08-2020 at 12:52 PM.