View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 11:36 AM #417
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
My issue is it is survival of the fittest

There are very few young woman using this method as it is too dangerous for them to travel alone or they have young children or elderly relatives that they cannot leave behind

These guys are unencumbered for the most part, I do feel for the ones who have family here but the majority do not

I think most people appreciate they want to improve their lives, but when people in the UK say well I want to hold on to the standard of living I have got, rather than see it drop due to overcrowding, lack of social housing etc, they are called racists, how does that marry up
Standard of living isn't affected by the displacement crisis in the middle east. I really have no idea why, when the tories have been purposefully been reducing the standard of living with austerity, that frustration isn't targeted at the right people.

Thatcher used "managed decline" to describe her policy towards the north and Liverpool in particular in the 80's, the government just decided for purely ideological reasons that we all had it too good, and their mates paying taxes to keep it that way was too much of a load for them to bear.