BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I enjoyed it BUT...

1) A whole part of the plot is that the Icelandic guy is worried that they'll win meaning it'll be hosted in Iceland...

2) The Lion guy mentions that it doesn't matter that the UK entry is good because everyone hates the UK so we never win...

3) It's being hosted in Edinburgh, which means that even by ESTABLISHED IN-MOVIE RULES, the UK must have won the previous year.

... ... ... I mean, I wouldn't mind if they changed the facts to fit the film - i.e. it doesn't have to be hosted in the winning country, OR it's feasible that the UK won...

But they mention both the hosting rules AND the situation with the UK never winning, within the film itself . Broken internal logic.

Other than that though I thought it was great, the accents were awful but in a good way. At one point, Brosnan flipped wildly from something that sounded a bit Scottish to something that was just flat-out Welsh within the space of 20 seconds
I haven’t watched but perhaps it’s a situation where Australia won, and as they aren’t allowed to host in their own country they chose Scotland to hold it? That’s the only explanation I can think of
Morgan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote