View Single Post
Old 23-08-2020, 07:07 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I don’t really watch Piers or follow him in any way and I don’t watch Loose Women...have they been noticeably less ‘scare the nation into paralysis’ in their general vibe through COVID days than he has...?...because they don’t always present a great balance either, in their presenting styles etc...

...anyways, it was quite important to have tried for the right balance, especially and specifically through lock down days...because obviously, we couldn’t go anywhere or see anyone, so news reporting became a bigger part of our lives...and the reporting of daily deaths and how other countries who were still struggling as well, who were ahead of us.....I have family living in both Spain and France, for instance...and what they were reporting’, didn’t always match the media reporting...but that would be the same here, in different regions...

...the thought of our loved ones dying, is ‘paralysing’ enough, but the thought of them being alone if that happened...just awful..but because it was so important to observe and adhere to any restrictions as well, especially for those less vulnerable...and to not have the NHS completely crash...’scare’ does have to be applied as well, I think...it is a balance and a very difficult/almost impossible one...and I do think as well, for me anyway...the ‘scary paralysis’ of each day, would vary even though the media coverage didn’t vary so much...because a portion of that ‘scary paralysis’...came from other personal factors and a varying daily perspective...some days, the reporting felt a lot bleaker, not because it was...but because that was my own vibe for other reasons...?...and so that’s what I absorbed more...Even though most of my time has been spent in close contact with the lowest mental health I’ve ever experienced..well the closest contact that quarantine days and social distance allows etc...I thank that Lord that I’ve had work to focus on through it all, so quite exhausted to absorb too much reporting and media...

Last edited by Ammi; 23-08-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote