View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 08:18 AM #34
Nah

Nah

So I've read this comment on a post from Big Brother Network website, and it perfectly sums up what I'm feeling right now about it:

Quote:
As I commented in another thread, BB has structural issues that tends to make it a “boat race” where an alliance can dominate early and thus steamroll until about the midpoint of the game. You get two comp beasts in the same alliance and you can pretty much lock things in for a long, boring “boat race” of a time. Tyler and Cody, Tyler and Cody, like left foot right foot, marching to victory. Yawn...

Mix it up, Grodner! And I don’t mean putting your thumb on the scale to benefit certain players, like it appears you like to do. Survivor smokes Big Brother for delivering power shifting drama. On Survivor, tribal councils are thick with anticipation. Anyone without an immunity necklace can go home. In BB, eviction nights carry little surprise. Even if one houseguest who thought they were safe goes home, it’s not a blindside to the degree a Survivor blindside is. Survivor blindsides have the power to take everyone’s breath away. Only about half the house feels a semblance of a gut punch in a BB blindside.

From week to week, only a small handful of people are likely to go home in BB. For a game that likes to tease the audience with “expect the unexpected,” it’s a highly predictable game. Give me a game where there is more drama on eviction night. Do away with this HOH/POV structure. It’s yielding predictability. Give me a game that doesn’t have what equates to a dozen immunity necklaces being worn on eviction nights. We see two people ****ting their pants most of the week while the rest breathe with varying degrees of security. It’s not driving near enough drama, and it could be a much more compelling game.