Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

For me what I find both sad and now likely beyond repair.
Is the divisive delusion of Britain being this world beating Nation, when it clearly isn't.
Nor likely to be again.
The title of United Kingdom a huge joke all over.
We are anything but a United Kingdom.

The delusional divisiveness across the UK and how people get termed traitors.
Because the likes of media can whip up terms, sadly supported by some extreme elements in society, and from people leading political parties too.

This delusion of the UK still being powerful and great is the thing for me, destroying our culture.
We are slipping further away from any of the true evidences of greatness.
Even in domestic areas too.
Whether that's the suspicion and scapegoating of sick and disabled.
A coldness towards elderly.

Then internationally, this delusion that drawing up the UKs drawbridge as to the peoples of the World.
None of those make a Nation great..

For me then, it is the dangerous delusion in areas of society, of under half the Country who can seek to deny what's right for the true majority of the Nation.

That leaves sadly a broken culture, which I doubt now, cannot be halted as to sinking further.

As a footnote, our politics too is wrong and broken, now disgraceful.
Contributing greatly to that delusion and division between, age, class and even health vulnerability.
That destroys the culture of a Nation badly.

We need,in my view, a more accountable electoral system which represents the overall majority for those in power from the votes actually cast, not on seats.
Maybe that, would help remove some of the delusional extreme isolation attitudes of those entrusted with power for ALL.

As we stand, we are destroying true compassion, being unifiers, seeming selfless, even tolerance.
Our true positive culture under threat.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote