View Single Post
Old 28-08-2020, 05:17 AM #74
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Everyone’s assuming she hasn’t previously discussed this issue with her parents, I have more sympathy for a person who was clearly affected by something as a child than the people who affected her, whether it was intentional or not.
...I guess that’s my main thought, Liam...that this is maybe something that she’d already discussed with her parents, that this would be ‘her point of debate‘ as it were when she knew that she would be on Loose Women...?...and it has indeed caught media attention ...(...and obviously we’re discussing it now...)....and that it was something that they are fine with....I read on DS that her dad had been asked for comment, so it’ll be interesting to see if he adds anything to it publicly....anyways, it’s one of those things for me when I feel for both ‘sides’ as it were...the ‘diet advice’ offered by her parents obviously had a very negative impact on her and that’s very sad......and her parent’s own sadness at that time would have come from seeing the child they loved so much, being so unhappy and hating herself so much....when all they would be able to see themselves was a most beautiful daughter...?...and all they would have wanted to see was that daughter’s happiness...I think at times as well when someone feels so low and miserable etc as Honey did...any advice might feel ‘insane and toxic’ just because some of it would be her own personal perspective as well and how she herself thought processes things etc...so it’s difficult because it’s never a one size fits all, type thing...for some people and some teenagers...?...diet advice would be a positive, life changing, type thing....I still have a dislike of the word diet in that context but you know what I mean....

....anyways, they all seem like a lovely and loving family and she’s trying to help others now to a better body confidence place......hopefully, no one will find her ‘influencing’ insane or toxic...but I think that the insane and toxic can sometimes come from within ourselves of just not always being in a place of receiving any ‘positive advice‘ yet...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote