View Single Post
Old 30-08-2020, 02:52 PM #176
Banned

Banned

It was an utterly ridiculous episode, the editing continues to be a problem and the judging makes little sense. Jimbo's makeup was bad but, let's be real, that dress she made should have made her safe as ****, it was the most well constructed thing on that runway. I love Priyanka but, honestly, she should have lipsynced against Rita because the look was terrible and there was basically no reason for her to be safe. It's been made apparent that production probably decided on sending Jimbo home this week and nothing she could have done would have prevented that. The production influence is felt so strongly on this show that All-Stars would blush.

It's a great shame really, we had an interesting cast of queens, a judging panel that was 2/3rds likable and an interesting variety of challenges that made a nice change from the usual acting challenges over and over again and I liked how there was more design challenges than usual but shoddy decisions, editing and poor utilisation of the cast they had has ruined this season.

Things they need to change next season:

- Get rid of Jeffrey, he wasn't as infuriating this episode but he has no business being a permanent judge. He's not entertaining, he's not knowledgeable about drag and he kind of brings the whole show down around him.
- Have Brook and Stacey both handle hosting responsibilities, the whole guest host thing is odd.
- Get new editors and sort out sponsorships, A lot of the time, I've been utterly confused in some acting challenges by who ended up winning and why, which is partly down to good old Rigga Morris and partly down to bad editing that doesn't highlight why the winner was justified in winning. The rough cuts surrounding the wins annoy me greatly too. I'm so tired of 'For winning the challenge, you have run a (jump cut) holiday t- (jump cut) congratulations!' Get your sponsorships together, gurl.
- Most of all, less Rigga Morris and more consistent judging, because BOA shouldn't have been safe when she often was and others winning challenges were just unjustified and odd. It's so odd when you get see that the judging is so out of wack with everything else.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote