View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 05:00 PM #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Wanting to change the rules of public bathrooms or changing areas to exclude trans women is inherently discriminatory, seeing as they already have the right to use them, there is no solution to it, other than the the often suggested, 3rd area specifically for transpeople or bouncers on the door checking people, I understand a woman’s every day anxiety about safety and whatnot, but is the answer to even further marginalise a minority? I don’t think so

I’m not misrepresenting anything, I’m responding to what people are saying and if we really want to talk about shutting down people’s views and invalidating their opinions, TS straight up told me he has more of a right to an opinion on this subject than me because he’s a straight man with kids, I haven’t once told people what they can or can’t say, or how they should feel, I’ve only ever stated my opinion, so I’m not quite sure why this ‘stop dismissing women’ line keeps getting thrown at me
Well, calling anyone who has an issue with the changing boundaries of "woman" and what that means and any concern at any point of the process by women themselves transphobic is dismissing women. It just is. At every point of the journey it's validating any and all concerns by trans people and taking none on board from cis-women themselves. On social media, the cesspit that it is, it's resulted in sexism being seen as completely fine and rational/normal debate about trans issues being called "TERF" and "Transphobic".

If a club was to close its unisex bathrooms and split them into male and female, would that be "marginalising" men or women? No. So giving transpeople their very own safe space is really not marginalising them. It's literally making space for them and outright recognising and validating their existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
TS straight up told me he has more of a right to an opinion on this subject than me because he’s a straight man with kids
It think it was more a facetious response to your "my demographic has hard-fought for rights" as though it meant your opinion was worth more. I didn't see it like that but that's what he was referring to. I've been in a sexual relationship with Cal for two years so my opinion is better anyway.

Last edited by Marsh.; 06-09-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote