Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Well, calling anyone who has an issue with the changing boundaries of "woman" and what that means and any concern at any point of the process by women themselves transphobic is dismissing women. It just is. At every point of the journey it's validating any and all concerns by trans people and taking none on board from cis-women themselves. On social media, the cesspit that it is, it's resulted in sexism being seen as completely fine and rational/normal debate about trans issues being called "TERF" and "Transphobic".

If a club was to close its unisex bathrooms and split them into male and female, would that be "marginalising" men or women? No. So giving transpeople their very own safe space is really not marginalising them. It's literally making space for them and outright recognising and validating their existence.
Well, I think that all depends on how people go about having these discussions, if someone goes out of their way to offend transpeople when they discuss it, then it’s fair game to call them transphobes imo, if people want to have a nuanced discussion about something, there’s a way to do it without being purposefully confrontational and demeaning and we all know Twitter and whatnot is a total dystopian nightmare, that goes without saying.

I wouldn’t see a separate area for transpeople as ‘validation’ at all, it would be an acknowledgement that they exist but keeping them away from general public areas, imo that would be seen as a sign that they weren’t accepted in society but instead tolerated.

Quote:
It think it was more a facetious response to your "my demographic has hard-fought for rights" as though it meant your opinion was worth more. I didn't see it like that but that's what he was referring to.
That’s not what I meant or said at all, he said women have fought for their rights and I said so have LGBT communities and he went on a rant about having more chips on the table so therefore has more of a right to an opinion, if people really care about people’s voices being validated, they shouldn’t put a tier list on the importance of opinions