View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 07:41 AM #145
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Honestly I think people get a bit stuck on the bathrooms part, I don't think it's all that important and I don't think there are actual concerns surrounding safety in public bathrooms (any more than there are in general). The issue there is people's fears and comfort but even then, clearly, the way to tackle it should be compassionately and informative not militantly and aggressively. If a woman who may well have experienced violence from males is legitimately scared about this issue then the aim should be to reassure that person, not to brand them hateful and target them aggressively... That (obviously) does nothing but compound those fears. "UGH you don't have to be scared of transpeople, choke on my dick you stupid transphobe bitch!!". Twitter logic .

However, yeah... The public bathroom is really surface level stuff. Child safeguarding, protection of vulnerable women in refuge etc., women's sport, the ability to use frank terminology in healthcare... These are the issues that at the very least need in depth, level-headed examination and discussion without the people trying to do that being targeted with guilt-tripping, accusations and aggression.

...but I don’t know who these ‘people’ who got a bit stuck on the bathroom stuff are, TS...in terms of this original thread topic...it wasn’t Liam, I don’t think where the diversion began and it wasn’t me...with respect, actually ...it may even been you yourself being part of the bathroom space introduction with...

‘A) an unwillingness to allow the safeguarding reasearch to be done based on the premise that it's "offensive" to suggest that it needs to be.‘..I’m not sure, I’m just skim reading...anyways, no matter because it’s how threads get diverted anyway and encompass many things, is what we often see...any safeguarding concerns are obviously something that have to be a primary as well/...and that safeguarding has to gel with equality also..which is what I profess to not knowing the answer to that and Liam was never dismissing or disregarding that, from what I can see...

...you say ‘compassionately’ and not ‘aggressively‘ and I completely agree with that...but then that last sentence of the first paragraph...really..?...that’s quite a minority ‘Twitter logic’ on this particular news story form what I’ve looked at...or at least there is another quite substantial balance of a completely different mindset... if people do indeed ‘get stuck on stuff’...then by definition of ‘being stuck‘...it can never be considered ‘surface’ at all...

...anyways, I really don’t wish to get involved further in this particular forum discussion atm...(..I won’t say never though, I might dip in and out...)...I’m actually quite confused with your stance and thoughts as well, TS, because they’re quite inconsistent with past similar-ish thread topics ...unless I’m recalling it incorrectly, which is entirely possible as well...

Last edited by Ammi; 07-09-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote