View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 10:52 AM #44

Default My $20 and 50 cents.

First up mods get rid of the smileys and animated things, they do nothing. nothing whatsoever, except put your off what you're trying to post.

Back to the start. Right, I wholeheartedly agree with Graeme on this prison venture. Now that I've been made aware it's going to last the entire nine(?) weeks I'm even more against it. Where as before I would have kicked the bars down and shoved my finger up to the producers no matter what side I was on, now my normally deep deep deeply buried angry burning injustice side has totally risen to the head and now I would be ripping the poles out of the floor and shoving THEM up the arse of the producers sideways. I'm sure this is what graeme really REALLY wanted to say but is too polite to go that far. I'm not and yes in that situation I would.

It's just not good watching people suffer for not doing anything wrong, missing a hoop? come on. Nope personally speaking I'd rather watch people getting it on with each other, having a laugh and bonding together. All we will have in this format as Alex and Sandy being snidey and total gits and possibly "getting away with it".

Still we have to endure Sandy doing laps in the pool, when there's clearly a bit more interesting things going on. Hell I'd prefer to watch the chickens for 40 minutes, I would I really would.

This years production values have for us viewers gone rock bottom. All or rather most of the interesting conversations have been muted, or worse cut out altogether. and why? slander? personal protection? Nope, so they can get a nice big double DVD package out when it's all over cashing in further on their four (?) year old product.

A big big shame. IF this years edition had been ADVERTISED as a remake of "The Experiment" then I could have forgiven the producers, but it WAS NOT, it was sprung on the housemates while they were already in the house after two weeks of getting to know each other. Unless the bars are removed at the end of this week then I will not be viewing the sadistic programme, and I wouldn't be surprised if more people walk out, or even if someone goes totally do lally. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there's a nasty incident involving sharp knifes and irritating gits. In that situation, if i could not remove the bars, then mass culling would follow and I'm not talking about the chickens either.

I am normally non violent. BUT injustice riles me. Abuse of power riles me and seeing human beings seperated by privilege and status irks me too not so much in "real life" where you earn what you get out of life, but in a "prison" environment where getting extra isn't possible.

Sorry about the long post, but I've followed Graemes directions and posted my thoughts and opinions here. First one. Am very interested in the reply Graeme gets. if any.

Sidrat.
The whizzbang smileys must go!!! More annoying than watching Sandy go round the pool. HONEST!!!!
sidrat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote