View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 03:50 PM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I watched it earlier and I thought it was a load of terrible, pretentious self absorbed wankery. I was bored throughout, the mystery of what was going on wasn't compelling and honestly, I was kind of done after the first half hour when I realised only half an hour had passed and two hours because those opening thirty minutes were the slowest I've ever experienced in my entire life.

The story thinks it is smarter than it actually is and everything about it reeks of a film school art film. It's not only boring, it all felt really amateurish. It's also desperate to be an awards darling to the point that it's just obnoxious to watch. For a film like this to work in which a lot of it is based around two people in a car, you've got to have compelling performances and a compelling script and the two leads bored me to tears and the script was all too minimal and lacked any good dialogue when films like this should be all about good dialogue. Only Toni Colette did anything notable and she's not in it enough to save the film. Easily the worst film I've seen this year.

Charlie Kaufman is an excellent writer and he's been responsible for some amazing films but I think this film is testament to the fact that visionary writers need a grounded team around them to stop the film from disappearing up their arse. You can tell he was allowed to run wild on this film and it shows.

...yeah I loved it as well, Dezzy.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote