View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 11:20 AM #45

Hello sidrat and welcome!

Sorry mate, but we love our smilies here! We are simple folk, and they make us happy.

However I agree with you on many things.

This BB is a MAJOR disappointment.

I watch it (when I do) in very small short doses with a grimace on my face, HOPING it will improve.

I am given to understand though that the viewing figures are up on last year. I think the producers are aiming at an almost exclusively young audience and think this appeals better to them.

I suspect figures may have been falling recently and that they have been forced to take this action. In the previous years figures have steadily picked up as we became fonder of housemates and more embroiled in their progress.

I know I do have some singular tastes but I am surprised at how little I still like any of them. If I did like them I might worry more about what is happening to them. I don't like them, and my feeling is that they are in there for what they can get and they are free to walk whenever they like.

The 'experiment' was, as you know, based on the Harvard study. Scary and had to be stopped in both cases for different reasons.

This is unethical, but so have all of them been. They are being played with, and we are actually the real tormentors. We are the crowd in the coliseum giving it the old thumbs up or down.

It's also a bit like early Star Trek episodes when old James T had to fight for his life for the benefit of amusing a few jelly headed aliens.

If we really want them to stop it, we should all turn off.

After you!!!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote