View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 01:44 PM #44
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Well that’s the point isn’t it, everyone who doesn’t agree with you or JK herself have all been labelled as sexist, emotional or extreme so, yeah, there’s no point in providing anything.

I’m not here to convince you or anybody else, I just give my opinions, not my problem if it’s not good enough for you
But I just said that I don't agree with everything JK has said or done . I just don't think it's an either-or, I don't think people who disagree with her are extreme, I do think people who automatically scream "transphobe!" are extreme and a bit sheepy and I do think that people who are unwilling to even discuss the issues tend to have an emotional investment that effects that objectivity on the subject. The claim that "we won't allow anyone to even discuss the possibility that there are conflicts of rights and safeguarding issues because we already know that there aren't any, just cos we think there won't be and its offensive to wonder if there are and you're a transphobe if you think otherwise" isn't a defensible position. It's only ever going to be accepted as any sort of position by other people who hold the SAME position, and frankly that group is starting to look increasingly outnumbered.

I think dogmatically holding that ground at this point is going to untimately be counter-productive and the discussion is going to be had nonetheless, but with lacking representation on one side, who refuses to engage.

That's just my opinion though of course.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote