Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
But I just said that I don't agree with everything JK has said or done . I just don't think it's an either-or, I don't think people who disagree with her are extreme, I do think people who automatically scream "transphobe!" are extreme and a bit sheepy and I do think that people who are unwilling to even discuss the issues tend to have an emotional investment that effects that objectivity on the subject. The claim that "we won't allow anyone to even discuss the possibility that there are conflicts of rights and safeguarding issues because we already know that there aren't any, just cos we think there won't be and its offensive to wonder if there are and you're a transphobe if you think otherwise" isn't a defensible position. It's only ever going to be accepted as any sort of position by other people who hold the SAME position, and frankly that group is starting to look increasingly outnumbered.

I think dogmatically holding that ground at this point is going to untimately be counter-productive and the discussion is going to be had nonetheless, but with lacking representation on one side, who refuses to engage.

That's just my opinion though of course.
Do you actually believe that people like JK and the LGB alliance would be willing to sit and listen to trans representatives and their opinions and experiences? I personally don’t think so, as someone with ‘no chips in the game’ It seems like people want to make all the decisions about the future of trans rights, without having to actually think about trans people themselves.

At the end of the day JK is a business woman, now that her new book is coming out, it patently obvious to me that she’s done everything she’s done and said over the past few months, to garner whatever interest she could to further her sales, it’s the same as Piers Morgan stoking they ‘woke culture war’ to promote his new book and Lawrence Fox turning into a right wing rent-a-gob to elevate a flagging career, it’s a shame she’s had to go down this route because she’s a decent writer.

Last edited by Liam-; 16-09-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote