View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 02:46 PM #67
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Trump has nothing to do with this discussion. Comparing the two is laughable. Rose speaks so much sense, have you even listened to her?
Indeed, Trump just gives a constant barrage of absolute nonsense whereas JK the worst I can really say is that I sometimes think "Hmmmm I think that's maybe a bit much" on a few of her points, but even then they tend to come with a thought process and reasoning behind them. I think that's the point really. No one should be dismissed out of hand if they've offered their thought process and reasoning - they've literally given you the thinking that can be countered and picked apart if you want to do that, to demonstrate to them and others where their logic has holes in it or is flawed. That's what a discussion is.

Part of the issue wuite clearly is that people DON'T do the reading - their allegiances tell them "this is bad stuff" so they repeat "this is bad stuff" and it shows. Because of the above. No reasoning on why it's bad; just "It's offensive. It's transphobia". How is it transphobia? - "Just is. Don't you know people are dying?".

Trying to compare it to Trump-style racist rants is purely false equivalency with intent - "cos we all know Trump is bad. You don't want to be seen as someone who would agree with a person like Trump, do you?"

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-09-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote