View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 06:47 AM #9
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If it weren't for trans people, the gay rights movement wouldn't be where it is and the LGBT wouldn't have the rights we enjoy now, I'm not going to support something that puts money in the pocket of a transphobe.
I did say in response to DouglasS that it's obviously down to individuals where they want to spend their money and on what, I don't have an issue with that so long as accusations aren't aimed at those who do buy it.

I disagree that JK Rowling is an out-and-out transphobe, I think she's sadly been tempted down the path of being a bit knee-jerk on Twitter on a couple of occasions, but her actual writing on the subject is not transphobic at all. And I think the issues and interactions between trans rights and safety and women's rights and safety are massively complex and boiling them down to simplicities and stonewall tactics is ultimately unhelpful or even counterproductive.

Tech and games section isn't for politics though!

I do think on something like this it's fair enough to just say each to their own and there's obviously no reason that anyone should feel pressured to spend money on something they're not comfortable buying.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote