8. Beau
9. Sarah
10. James

11. Michael
12. Ashlea
13. Eric
14. Maggie
BB6
1. Janelle (+5) - It was hard picking a real favourite for this season but I figured my best bet here was Janelle for being able to be down to earth but funny and off the wall as well. I don't think she's some flawless mastermind or exceptionally perfect contestant like many do, but I admired her formidability and bubbly charisma. I think there's a bit of a spark missing from my holding her as a big favourite or anything though.
2. April (+1) - This neurotic beast . It was hard to gauge how April went between an under-developed or highly entertaining individual which docks her lower, but her paranoia and over-thinking nature was a great thing to sit through, even when it was to her catastrophic detriment .
3. Ivette (-1) - This is a tough one because there were several times her bitterness about things became too much and frustrated me, but she wound up being what I saw as the most essential part of this season where a lot of its best moments could've been lost without her. I didn't always agree with Ivette but she made compelling arguments about things, was a hoot at the best of times and it was refreshing that even at her darkest points, there was a humane quality to her that I respected. I didn't like her briefly negative Kaysar fixation, her obvious Janel-ousy, or how she could've won even if she hadn't brought Janelle to the end, but instead chose to not speak up on why she should win over Maggie. So a few small parts of her were disappointing but more often than not, she ticked all the right boxes.

4. Kaysar (-3) - He WAS my favourite while he was there but his fealty on things really did get him out in the end . It's a shame how quickly he came and went and then came and went again, but it never stopped me from lowering my opinion of him as the only methodical and fair-minded person in the game really. His ruling of the Sov-6 and the rise and fall of his power were the saving graces of the first few weeks.
5. James (+5) - Like the top 3 I had, this is another mixed one where I can acknowledge how entertaining the individual's story is but I have some qualms about them. James' sneaky nature as a lone gameplayer once his girlfriend left was an interesting storyline for sure, but a lot of it was his own fault and he never really acknowledged that . Howie made the terrible move in putting him and Sarah up, but he wouldn't have done so had James not went around trying to guarantee his own safety at the cost of everyone else's . I more put him this high because usually his dodginess with people was quite funny.
6. Jennifer (-1) - Jennifer is another one I swung weirdly with. While she was in the house, I was annoyed at how quickly she betrayed Kaysar after giving him her word and not really caring much about doing it, but it was her time in the jury house where she becomes a hate machine that it helps you look back on how her downfall from HoH to being evicted straight after was pretty funny .
7. Rachel (-3) - Not a very exciting houseguest but she was pretty endearing in her self-entitled ditziness and I respected how selfless she was at the end.

8. Beau (-) - I didn't really learn anything about him apart from he had a slight alcohol problem . It's a shame really because in the occasional times he did get focus, I liked some of the lines he came out with, especially in his drunken fight with Janelle .
9. Eric (+4) - I don't know what to make of him. His obsessiveness with morality being very forceful and controlling was very irritating to watch, and the way he'd go personal at people he'd be trying to stop from acting personal was bordering on infuriating, but at the same time, the early weeks while he's there may not have shaped the rest of the season's divide the way it did so I have to thank him for that, and there was a few good qualities in him for when he had the decency to feel bad if he ever crossed the line too much. I'm not *enthralled* by him like some here are however.
10. Sarah (-1) - I think there was some notable good qualities about her but I'm blanking on any i'm afraid .

11. Maggie (+3) - Another disappointing winner after Drew. It's just a shame when you factor in the high-energy nature of BB6 where it's won by someone pretty lifeless within the context of it. I think she made great moves with her alliance like manipulating Howie to nominate two of his own allies (<3) but I can hardly name much she did that was entertaining at all. She was very game-bot in her edit, which I suppose was a big help in her winning, but then again it doesn't feel completely earned because Ivette's surrendering jury performance practically handed her the win and she still only BARELY won.
12. Ashlea (-) - do not remember her doing anything .
13. Howie (-6) - In most other seasons, I would dislike him. His needless antagonising of April for a week was bullying, and the way he'd try and look like the life and soul of the party despite being pretty aggressive and stand-off could be sometimes unbearable, but for as much as people here seem to not like him, within the context of BB6 at least I don't think he's that bad. He had a cute bond with the likes of Janelle and Rachel, his idiocy had some unintentionally funny charm every now and again, and even at his worst sometimes, it's easy to blank him out because of how much other stuff goes on.

14. Michael (-3) - This is a tough choice to have at the bottom, because I enjoyed his fights and general impact on the first few weeks and do think all his assertions about Eric and his group were on-point, but his sexism and lack of boundaries was really unsettling, as was his inability to ever admit being wrong about things made me question his morals.

Many here might regard this as the best season, but i'm not sure I really agree unfortunately. Unlike the previous seasons I watched, this didn't really have anyone i had a profound drawing to like the previous seasons, and there's a sizable amount of people that either don't contribute much (Beau, Sarah, Maggie, Ashlea), or DO contribute but have some really annoying quirks (Eric, Howie, Michael). The previous seasons, even the sort of critically panned 1, had a bit of an ensemble to them where I felt I got to know the people, but this one's a bit all over the place with that . For the most part I did enjoy how unstable the house dynamic was, but there was some development missing from me seeing much fleshed out in most of the people. In the end it became a bit difficult to root for either of the two conflicting alliances, unlike most other people who can find it quite easy. Fortunately, there must've been something addictive about this season for me to finish it in...five days , it's like 4 where it got better each week but it took a bit more time to get there really.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote