View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 01:00 PM #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Exactly. The hypocrisy of it as well is when women say they don't want to be labelled "cis" or want to keep the term women when it comes to women's health issues, we're told we're being petty and it's only a word etc however when it comes to "just words" and trans people they are the most important thing in the world. The thing is I don't think anyone would have said a word about it if they changed the wording of sanitary products to women and transmen. The issue is being reduced to a bodily function, it's dehumanising . I see also on the HSE's website (which would be Irelands version of the NHS) information on smear tests and cervical cancer women is now gone too, it's people with cervices and transmen which is just bizarre however when you look up prostate cancer on the same site men is all over that one, nothing else
It's the double standard that annoys me too. Major issues with the word "woman" but not so much with "man". Then you have any concern about anything remotely involving transpeople is labelled transphobia just as a blanket label but misogyny and sexism seem fair game? I've just seen the charity Mermaids have pinned a series of attempted trans suicides on JK Rowling personally (with no factual bsck up) in a piece in which they call on her to engage in peaceful discussion. Yeah, I'll just tell you you're not allowed an opinion because it kills people (just because I said) then accuse you of not partaking in polite discourse.

Activists want trans people to be recognised by completely eliminating the biological basis of sex and invalidating the entire point of "transitioning".

The entire cause is a big mass of contradictions, misogyny and disregard for reality. I feel sorry for all of the transpeople who will be negatively affected by the radical group's appalling behaviour and morals.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote