View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 01:15 PM #99
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I personally find it a more dangerous territory when women are unable to express an opinion to say for example that they agree with some of JKs comments or disagree that she is transphobic, show genuine concern about female erasure or generally just take offence at being labelled as 'menstruators' etc without being shut down and accused of being transphobic or TERFS themselves.
So your response to feeling like you can't have an opinion without being branded a certain way by some people is to justify doing the same to others by making out that they are anti-feminist if they disagree with someone with an XX chromosome?

JK got herself into the position she's in by doubling down when she got criticism from a minority until she alienated more and more people, and even then it hasn't even affected her since her book sales are up. It's pretty much the same deal when Piers Morgan was up on his high horse about gender, it never affected him either.

As I said before, she had some good points to begin with, I have concerns about self-IDing and gender specific spaces for people who have yet transitioned but she's taking it further than that in response to some initial criticism she had to begin with. When you let criticism warp your message, what you're trying to say gets lost.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote