View Single Post
Old 19-09-2020, 09:10 AM #18
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
It's insensitively put but he's right that a lot can change in three months and people can't expect a definite answer about what the situation will be at Christmas. It'd be sensible to hope for the best but plan for the worst imo assuming the rule of six is still in place and that this can't be a 'normal' Christmas. It's a shame but it is what it is, there's lots of people who never get to have a normal Christmas because of their jobs, distance, money concerns etc
I think this is maybe why the whole thing bothers me less than it does some people. Both of my parents worked in the NHS which obviously operates 365 days a year, neither of them HAD to work over Christmas but my dad got 3x pay if he did so it wasn't uncommon for him to work Christmas day. He didn't when we were really little kids but when I was 8+ he usually was out early (before we woke up) and back at about 4pm for Christmas dinner.

For me personally these days, I quite like seeing a couple of people on Christmas day but we've done multiple Christmases just the four of us so it's not that unusual. Also, three years back my eldest had a bad ear infection and her bloody eardrum burst on Christmas morning and that ranks as one of my worst DAYS ever - it was horrendous - so any normal quiet Christmas seems amazing in comparison .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote