View Single Post
Old 19-09-2020, 09:16 AM #340
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
You doubt all you want..and speculate about children's feelings all you want...dont make you right though.
I'm just saying, the video did not feature any real violence or even anything that LOOKED like real violence, so comparing it to actual videos of extreme violence is an absolute joke. My daughter was, very unfortunately, shown a "viral video" of some poor chap blowing his head open with a shotgun a few weeks back... I obviously had to find the video to know what she had seen and it's burned into my eyeballs forever now.

Comparing something like that to a piece of interpretive dance is an absolute joke and really disingenuous.

If you don't want kids seeing actors depicting violent scnenes you'll need to complain to Ofcom about half of the kids shows on TV, cartoons, Superhero films, etc.

Kids (and people) can tell the difference between, and are affected very differently by, real despictions of violence and acted out ones/performances. That's not just opinion, there have been hundreds of massive scientific studies into this.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote