View Single Post
Old 19-09-2020, 09:29 AM #342
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
BLM related things are very much appropriate for all ages....and presented as dance was perfect for families to watch together, I thought...
Hmmmmmm I think that's a little black and white (excuse the pun ) - I do think anything that aims to raise awareness and empathy for the situation is always appropriate for all ages. But I think anything that could be seen as a "call to direct action" or incitement is absolutely not appropriate for children and it would be a lie to say that there aren't BLM messages floating around that constitute incitement to violence or destruction of property. Whether or not those things are overall justified is a separate debate (we all know my feelings on the former, I'm more flexible on the latter) but no I don't think those things are appropriate for children.

Howeverrrrr the Diversity performance didn't contain those things by any stretch of the imagination, the dance was mostly observational and an expression of feeling and as you say, a conversation starter, a visual representation of the issues that had a totally non-aggressive depiction of a violent incident.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 19-09-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote