View Single Post
Old 20-09-2020, 01:14 PM #39
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble1321075 View Post
Im not "blaming" her. I am pointing that she was offered an opportunity from Obama to step down and she rejected his offer. That is not an opinion, it is a fact.
She took a calculated political risk and her health failed her. Her time of passing has occurred with a republican president in office and a republican majority senate. That is the worst case scenerio for democrats.
You and others are complaining that its not fair and republicans are hypocrites. The fact is that it is completely fair. No rules are being broken.
Republicans and Democrats are both hypocrites. Its naive to believe that either party would of done anything differently in the same situation. They both play a win at all costs game.
I got news for you, you better worry about Breyers seat too because he is no spring chicken. Thomas may also retire if we have a republican president and senate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You're endorsing that politicians, people in power, act in bad faith, you treat this like it's a game in which you have to do anything to win and it's not. It's about securing human rights, it's not about winning or losing. If those in power act in bad faith, then they must pay the consequences because the decisions that the SC make are no joke.

If Republicans opposed the appointment of a new Judge in 2016 because it was an election year, they simply cannot change their minds because it now benefits them. When you enforce a standard upon others, you must also adhere to it.

I'm not naive, you have simply divorced yourself from your own sense of morality just so you can bend over backwards to exalt the republicans from blame. It's utterly ridiculous that anyone would support those in charge acting in such bad faith against the interests of the people and find it acceptable because it's 'their side' that benefits from it. Politics is not a game.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote