View Single Post
Old 20-09-2020, 01:30 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You're endorsing that politicians, people in power, act in bad faith, you treat this like it's a game in which you have to do anything to win and it's not. It's about securing human rights, it's not about winning or losing. If those in power act in bad faith, then they must pay the consequences because the decisions that the SC make are no joke.

If Republicans opposed the appointment of a new Judge in 2016 because it was an election year, they simply cannot change their minds because it now benefits them. When you enforce a standard upon others, you must also adhere to it.

I'm not naive, you have simply divorced yourself from your own sense of morality just so you can bend over backwards to exalt the republicans from blame. It's utterly ridiculous that anyone would support those in charge acting in such bad faith against the interests of the people and find it acceptable because it's 'their side' that benefits from it. Politics is not a game.
I have not divorced myself. If it were up to me i would force congress to handle things differently than they do. What your suggesting is that republicans should not act in their own selfish interests when we all know democrats do the same thing.
Do you remember how they passed ACA into law, did you complain about that? It was dirty pool and the left defended it. Politics isnt a gentleman's game its a bare knuckle fight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Trouble1321075 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote