View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 01:45 PM #10
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's possible but even something like that has worked out poorly for devs that have released timed exclusives on Xbox before, most notably was Rise of the Tomb Raider which was a complete flop in it's exclusive period, and that was coming off the back of a very popular rebooted Tomb Raider game.

I think with Bethesda's mega franchises, Microsoft will probably give them the Minecraft treatment and realise that it's more profitable to have them be multi-platform. I can see franchises like The Evil Within potentially becoming Xbox exclusives and being built up as an important franchise for Microsoft, especially considering how Sony have almost certainly acquired Silent Hill for the PS5. Dishonored and Wolfenstein would likely be good fits for exclusivity as well, potentially even Doom if Microsoft are feeling daring.
There is quite a strong correlation between Xbox Loyalty and First Person Shooters I think, going back to ye olde "everyone plays CoD on 360" days so it is a good fit in that sense. Though obviously, as a member of the PC master race, I can't condone playing a first-person game with anything other than Keyboard and Mouse, so... .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote