View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 10:20 PM #363
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Right, so i don't want to come across as too harsh, but i want to hear y'alls opinion too.

Two teams so far have come up with an answer for a question which is wrong. If they had seen either film (the correct one or the incorrect one) obviously they would know this; and when you reverse search the image the "answer" which comes up is the incorrect answer, which leads me to believe that the team members who provided the answers have been reverse searching images (potentially for the whole game)

I made it pretty clear that reverse image searching the images isn't in the spirit of the game and in previous pub quizzes (which im pretty sure everyone who is playing has previously played) Shaun put it pretty well with,,,

Quote:
I do ask that everyone refrains from cheating. Google has come a hell of a long way since the very first Pub Quiz on here back in 2011. For example, Image Search wasn't a thing. But Greg and Ben can attest (or at least they could if they were still with us) that running this thing is a total nightmare. Finding images in videos that have never been screenshot before, and are therefore un-google-able, is near impossible, and a long process. In a way, this is my least favourite game to run as a result. I don't do begging but I will go as close to it as I can in asking you all not to use things like Google Image Search, Shazam, posting my questions on other forums for help... because:

1) It is a waste of my time
2) It is a hollow victory
3) If I catch you doing it I'll out you and make your future time on this forum a living hell
and 4) I'll hate you and probably campaign for you to be banned. I am a really ****ing nasty person if you cross me and I cannot stress how angry this game makes me when it's being sabotaged.

It takes probably a solid fortnight of preparation for this and I ask that you respect that and just play the game with fairness. I'm not saying "DO NOT USE GOOGLE" because of course you're going to see some pictures and think, "hmm, that actress looks familiar, is it [Sarah Michelle Gellar]?" and then have a look at Wikipedia for a list of films/TV shows she's been in to see if they look like my screenshots. And that is perfectly fine, it's what the quiz is all about: educated research (or indeed guesses
Im not going to currently reveal names or which question it is, but i'd like to hear people's opinion on it before I make a harsh decision such as halving points for the round or previous rounds.

The scars on my mind are on replay