View Single Post
Old 23-09-2020, 09:58 AM #415
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Right I’ve had an exhausting day and it’s still not done, I’ve read through this thread (I haven’t read through the sub forums bc I haven’t had the time) Shaun pretty much made the point perfectly that that’s why this game takes so long to put together and part of the fun is researching it.

I’m not going to ban anyone or remove teams, I’m just going to deduct 10 points for this round just because if it’s been done this round it probably has in previous rounds and I don’t really see (an average) of 3 points a round as too harsh a punishment. If you’ve done well this round then you probably have in others and 10 points isn’t that much of a punishment when I was considering halving points earlier.

This is a *final warning* so to speak, if I suspect the same thing happening in future rounds, I will half scores and remove team members
OK, so a couple of points. Firstly, your game, your rules and we all abide by them, but bearing in mind every team used their joker in this round, that 10pt penalty becomes a 20pt penalty. So in effect you've done what you said you weren't going to do by removing 2 teams, as this is now a 3 team quiz.

If we were to win I'd want to beat all the other teams, not win because points were taken away from 2 of the teams, and if we were to finish last, I'd want to finish last because 4 teams were better than us, not because 20 pts were taken off us.

You said in the post where you mentioned cheating, that you wanted to hear everyone's opinion before making a decision, and everyone said we should just draw a line and move on, with Shaun being the only one with the opposite view, so I'd say the weight of opinion is opposite to the actual decision you've made.

With all that said, your game, your rules, and I've enjoyed taking part so thanks for your efforts, especially as your life is in flux.