View Single Post
Old 24-09-2020, 01:48 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

anyway I think girls can be just as gruesome when they get into a gang
I think it's generally far less common and far FAR less likely to progress past "just talk" ... though I have known a few, err, "characters" in my time who were to be frank just wild to a bewlindering extent.

You also can't ignore that there simply are different implications in level of threat. A housemate of mine had a girl who became utterly obsessed with him at Uni, progressed to her contacting him quite relentlessly, and at the peak, her turning up at our house at 2am banging on his window (he was ground floor) demanding to be let in. He wasn't even there . But yeah she was a tiny 20 year old girl and it was just a really quite sad situation, we called her friends to come get her. But if you flip that situation... and there's a guy harassing a girl... and he turns up banging the windows of an all-girls house at 2am... that IS a very different situation and I think trying to make the two the same creates a bit of a false equivalency. Realistically, males are not at any particular REAL physical risk from a group of drunk 18 year old girls. Females are (evidently) often at very real risk from groups of drunk young men.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote