View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 02:14 AM #163
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Again I'm not the one accusing leaders of being 'monsters', 'dangerously incompetent' and having 'enabled widespread death' so I don't need to say the same - I haven't used that language about anyone because I think it's disproportionate and irresponsible

There's two issues here - one is how well/badly Trump has handled the pandemic; the second is whether he deserves to die for it. I am solely arguing on the second one: that he does not deserve to die.
I'm not accusing him of those things, he is those things. He is dangerously incompetent, he has enabled widespread death. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck. It's not dangerous or irresponsible to hold a leader accountable for his actions, and his actions have had grave irreversible consequences for so many people that have lost loved ones.

To me, he is no different to Kim Jong Un, or Putin or any other monster in a position of power and I doubt you would ever show those leaders the same consideration you're showing Trump now. I don't pretend to feel sorry for cruel people when karma comes a-knocking. If he dies, it'll be no one's fault but his own and I'll be glad that the world would be rid of him.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote