View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 02:23 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm on episode three but having studied Turn Of The Screw at University I feel like I have it pre-spoilered . Obviously there are differences (with the original written and set in Victoria era) but the major story and plot points are thus far the same so I can only imagine the ending will be too.

The main thing we need to talk about though... Some of the ACCENTS. Oh my god. The Haunting Accents of Bly Manor.

The narrator flipping between RP English and Jodie Whittaker is bordering on hilarious, it comes out as totally random words . The narrator is American and I think she's had some bad coaching on some of the vowels, haha.

Second offender is the Scottish guy. I can sort of get that to non-Scots he might sound Scottish. The problem is, his accent flips and flops between working class Glasgow, "Euan McGregor" style Edinburgh, and a more northern Inverness/Highland accent. If you actually live in Scotland, the mix makes it a really obviously fake accent. Honestly it's quite jarring.

I have to wonder if it's the same for people in Georgia US when Rick talks in The Walking Dead.
Yeah, Carla Gugino sounded Welsh to me in some of that opening scene.

Then she went posh to Northern England.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote