View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 09:29 PM #12
-

-

I've never been bullied but I saw plenty of it, somehow in my first couple of years of high school they managed to put about 4 or 5 of the roughest, worst, most aggressive and cruel kids in the year group into one class group (mine) so inevitably, there were another couple of kids in that class who got it quite badly. Not a huge amount of physical bullying but pretty relentless targeting "for humour". Occasionally groups of the rest of us would step in because the bullies would actually back down pretty quickly if challenged, but we were kids like 12/13/14 so to be honest for the most part we really did nothing about it, which is a regret in hindsight.

I know at least two from that class ended up with serious long term mental health problems, obviously no way to know if it's related but they were a mess by the end of school.

That said, one of the girls who was bullying ended up pregnant at 13 and left school, two of the guys ended up junkies, and another (....lol...) I have heard is doing several decades in prison for smuggling guns through Glasgow for Irish Nationalists. So I don't think they had the best of lives either .

It wasn't even a bad school!! Like I said they just somehow managed to place all of the absolute worst kids in one class for the first 2 years of high school.

One of them threw one of the others out of a window when the English teacher left the class . It was ground floor but still.

God I'm having flashbacks, I'd forgotten a lot of this stuff.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-10-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote