View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 12:37 PM #39
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I think had Corbyn been more accepting of the inquiry's findings, to have then suspended him would have raised issues.

My feeling is, as a Party member, the mood is of sadness and anger at the findings of the inquiry and how we were assured ALL was being done.
When it wasn't according to these findings.

The issues are bad enough to raise massive questions about the former leadership and Starmer has said Labour will put in place ALL the recommendations of the inquiry.

With Corbyn still playing the findings down and even rejecting some of them.
That's not a good look.
I think Starmer's and Labour's rapid response to this further dismissal of the findings by Corbyn.
Will see more likely support for Starmer.

Where it's all going to end up 4 years from now however, depends on how well this issue is dealt with.
I think the problem, Joey, is that labours own internal report showed that corbyn was being scapegoated by the blairite wing of the party. This was an independent report under Starmers leadership, and the report was buried. Today isn't the day to have the argument about the details though, so Corbyn should have just said he accepted it and kept it moving.

This won't provide any more support for Starmer though. He's just alienated the grassroots wing of the party, the tories he will try to win over aren't really bothered about any of this as the person they voted for and supported is openly and unashamedly racist.

He'll probably get some of the red wall back but not because of this, because of the govs handling of covid, the recession, and the pain of brexit on the horizon.