BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The report proved that the Labour Party isn’t institutionally antisemitic, so he was fully correct in saying that the problem was purposefully overestimated, two instances of antisemitism is still too many, but it’s clear that as day that the accusations of an antisemitic stronghold that stretched through the entire ranks was a political game by people more scared of true systemic change than anything else.
I never thought the Labour party was institutionally antisemitic.
Had it done so, I would have left the Party today myself.

However, I do feel this is still very bad as it finds those raising the issues were dismissed by the leadership and those he claimed were dealing with it justly and fairly.
When that wasn't the case.

I took his word as a member but now find it was not so from the findings of the failings of dealing with it from this inquiry.

I've no doubt the row was used against Corbyn..
However, for me, he should have just accepted the findings and expressed regret.

I welcomed this inquiry into this after so much clouding of the issues.
I just want all the recommendations put in place in full from it too.

Yes however, as far as it can be welcomed after being told the Party has unlawfully discriminated against others in an anti-Semitic way.
I do welcome that the Labour party was not and is not, institutionally anti-Semitic.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote