View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 05:04 PM #14
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I've always felt pansexuality is a superfluous continuation of bisexuality; it rests on the idea of falling for someone or being attracted to someone regardless of their gender - and puts emphasis on non-binary, trans or intersex individuals... but I've always felt that to differentiate this from bisexuality is sort of a middle-finger to everyone who's ever identified as "bisexual" in the past as if they're bigoted and unwilling to be attracted to such people.

I think the key word is "sex" in sexual, and whilst there are absolutely a ton of valid gender identities, there are only two sexes and bisexual therefore covers all aspects. I have no problem with people clarifying what they mean by when they say they're bisexual, and I guess I don't really care if someone says they're "pan", but I just take umbridge with the implication that anyone who's bi is transphobic or adheres to concrete gender norms. I also think "pansexuality" has, ironically, itself become an umbrella term for a bunch of different-minded people; to some, being pan goes hand in hand with polyamory, whilst others would be monogamous, and it's differences like that that make the term just a bit meaningless in my eyes.
Not all, I know I'm not at least. Proud bi and really had sex with pretty much all sexualities out there But yeah, this is a known problem in the LGBT+ community in regards to "other" forms of sexualities. We really sometimes are our worst ennemy. I think it's down to education and learning what is what and who is who. It really isn't complicated to understand and not judge others for who/what they are attracted to.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 29-10-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote