View Single Post
Old 31-10-2020, 05:14 AM #441
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I think that I’ve listened to the whole album...all I’ve really heard with Positions is ‘disappointing’../...type criticism...these songs are ‘lockdown’ songs...?...written when she was locked away with her guy and in a place of huge contentment...?...I can’t imagine that she’s ever been in a position to have spent that kind of time with a love in her life before because of her busy work/lifestyle etc...so I think the title ‘Positions’ and the position she’s felt in her life, really fitting...no pain, no angst, no heartache, no breakup etc...just happiness and contentment and in love, is what I feel...

....although there aren’t for me any huge standout tracks, there are some really delightful and pretty ones...I think the main colab I like is with Doja ...Motive, I think it was...Love Language and My Hair are really lovely......and I do like the last track, POV....I was thinking of an 8/10 because I do think it’s a good album and I don’t feel disappointed in her sharing the position she’s in, in her life and love etc and how she felt that during lockdown and writing it, just enjoying her guy...but I know I’ll listen to probably every track again....and then again...and again...so goddamnit, this is Ariana and Ariana deserves a 9/10 so that’s how it is...Positions 9/10...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote