View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 04:13 PM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Johnny Depp resigns from Fantastic Beasts films at Warner Bros.' request...

Johnny Depp has resigned from the Fantastic Beasts films the request of Warner Bros, the studio which produces the Harry Potter spin-off series.

The actor announced the news on his official Instagram page in the wake of his failed libel case against The Sun newspaper which labelled him a ‘wife beater’.

The 57-year-old Edward Scissorhands star played dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald in 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them and 2018’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and was expected to return for the third film, which is in production now.

Warner Bros. will recast the role of Grindelwald, it has announced.

“Firstly I’d like to thank everybody who has gifted me with their support and loyalty.

“I have been humbled and moved by your many messages of love and concern, particularly over the last few days.

“Secondly, I wish to let you know that i have been asked to resign by Warner Bros. from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected that and agreed to that request.

“Finally I wish to say this.

“The surreal judgement of the court in the UK will not change my fight to tell the truth and I confirm that I plan to appeal.

“My resolve remains strong and I intend to prove that the allegations against me are false. My life and career will not be defined by this moment in time.

“Thank you for reading.

“Sincerely Johnny Depp.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/johnny-d...164319891.html
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote