BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That sounds like a long-winded way of saying "it was rushed", let's be honest.

They are currently desperate for something to work, and there are multiple examples of vaccines being rolled out with horrific results in the past.

100% vaccine safety is a myth, vaccines carry risks and while I'm generally happy to be vaccinated myself and have my kids vaccinated - these are tried and tested vaccines that have been given out hundreds of millions, if not billions of times over multiple decades and the data on them is very robust. New vaccines always come with an element of risk and they usually take a lot longer to be developed and tested which mitigates a lot of the potential unforeseen risks. As of 2019 they have a relatively robust seeming Ebola vaccine, for example... it took decades of development.

I'm in the lowest priority group (under 40, in good health) so I'm not likely to be offered it any time soon... which I'm quite happy with. There's no way around the fact that this will have been sped up to an unprecedented degree and therefore, there is simply no way to know for sure about potential side effects, even short term let alone longer term. Selfishly, I'm OK with there being tens of millions in line before me.
it always boils down to risk vs reward. Under 40's won't be offered it early, but then the generally won't need it.

What would be very funny is the over 60's all dancing there way to the shops/pubs while all the youngsters are stuck at home
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote