View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 01:20 PM #24
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it always boils down to risk vs reward. Under 40's won't be offered it early, but then the generally won't need it.

What would be very funny is the over 60's all dancing there way to the shops/pubs while all the youngsters are stuck at home
If vulnerable groups are vaccinated then there should be little (if any) reason for restrictions, other than probably trying to maintain social distancing for the time being and things like vigilant hand hygiene. I honestly think using hand-san in the car after shopping is going to be a lifelong habit at this point ... I mean, Covid or no Covid it's probably good practice, as are hand cleaning stations being readily available in public .

But yes I agree it's a sliding scale of risk; based on various factors, there will obviously be a "pivot point" where the risk of catching Covid outweighs the risk of having an experimental vaccine. For me, that point is probably around 50 in good health, or at about 20 with complicating health factors (unless those fasctors include immunity disorders that could make vaccination itself more risky). I don't think there would be much reason at all to start vaccinating under-20's and certainly not under-12's.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote