Thread: Adult Autism
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2020, 08:21 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It is definitely different in girls but thus far, my daughter is actually the polar opposite of described, and of "classic autism" in general. Her mood is rarely "flat", she bounces between extremely happy/smiling/laughing/excitement and angry/upset/distressed - all very much worn on her sleeve. If she's feeling something, you'll know about it.

...also contrary to this, she was diagnosed at her first paediatric assessment when she was 3, within about 15 minutes . She does have additional support needs though, mostly language-based at this point it seems, so that makes diagnosis much more straight forward.

I recall watching a 45 minute documentary on autistic babies !!

It was possibly about 10 yrs ago .

As I recall ( it’s all very vague ) there were about 8 of them in the study , they were about 12 months old and each one’s parents were BOTH autistic .

The only part I can remember clearly was that they all took turns to be placed in a high chair and were wired up so we could tell exactly what their eyes were focusing on ... they were then shown a series of clips of older children speaking to the camera ..

Anyways they ALL focussed on the the children’s MOUTHS rather than their eyes ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote