View Single Post
Old 21-11-2020, 11:46 AM #8249
-

-

No one is trying to deflect the seriousness of it. I can appreciate that this is a highly emotional subject for many people, for many very good reasons... However, that's not really a debate or understanding of Covid-19 itself, rather a discussion about the individual and emotional impact of the pandemic.

Not that I'm against those discussions being had - but for me personally, that's not what I'm in this thread for, so I'm not going to enter into an emotive argument whilst trying to discuss the facts. I'll just steer away from commenting on the more emotive posts but I'm not going to promise that I'll stop correcting information that I think is flawed - specifically because I think too much emotionally charged anecdotal information is actually damaging to the emotional wellbeing of many people, and is worth tempering for that reason. I feel for everyone who has lost someone in this pandemic, but I don't find it a valid reason that they should be allowed to send other people off on panic-spirals unchecked.

So I'm not going to continue to argue about this, because it isn't sitting well with me.

However as a final thought, I do personally think the conversations should be separated. That's not my decision, though.