View Single Post
Old 23-11-2020, 05:51 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I didn’t know that Sia was making this movie but it looks excellent...I’m not sure what or why the controversy, with other movie featuring characters on the spectrum and played by ‘neuro typical’ actors..(...my spell check finds that word very controversial....)...obviously there was Rain Man and Forrest Gump, (possibly..)...Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with Ewan McGregor..in recent years I’ve watched a few less well known movies featuring autistic characters but they were excellent movies and the characters were played by actors who don’t have autism...Extremely loud and Incredibly Close is about a boy who loses his ‘dependent’ parent in 911, a beautiful story...and Please Stand By has Dakota Fanning as a Star Trek fan, also a beautiful story...and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time stage production based on the book, didn’t feature an autistic actor as Christopher, either...

...’maybe you’re a bad actor’ is a bit harsh, though...but then, to lay criticism on a movie before it’s seen is also harsh, so....

...it looks really interesting anyway...and from the trailer, Maddie Ziegler looks very well cast by Sia......

Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote