View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 11:45 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Having had fertility issues in the past and speaking to lots of other women who have, a lot of people who miscarry feel like a failure and that it was somehow their fault and so maybe that's what she means by taboo? People don't often talk about it much, I never told too many people when I was going through IVF as I got tired of the sympathetic looks and words and I hated that people almost apologised when they told me they were pregnant. It was sweet that they were trying to be sensitive but I was putting my body through a whole world of hormonal nightmares to try and have a child so would never have been upset to hear someone had managed to get pregnant.
I have to say I never felt like a failure. As devastating as it was I remember looking at my 1st son and thinking how lucky I was to have him. Also I am a great believer in Fate and something obviously wasnt right and it wasnt therefore meant to be.
I can understand feelings of guilt and failure but not Shame Neither do I think its a Taboo subject...

I do feel for women that so desire motherhood but are denied it...and Im so glad Annie that things worked out for you in the end.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote