View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 12:09 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I have to say I never felt like a failure. As devastating as it was I remember looking at my 1st son and thinking how lucky I was to have him. Also I am a great believer in Fate and something obviously wasnt right and it wasnt therefore meant to be.
I can understand feelings of guilt and failure but not Shame Neither do I think its a Taboo subject...

I do feel for women that so desire motherhood but are denied it...and Im so glad Annie that things worked out for you in the end.
Thanks Rusti....it was a hard slog but worth the wait

Your thoughts and feelings are very personal after a miscarriage. The clinic offered counselling for feelings of failure. I was quite pragmatic and thought that obviously the embryos I had transferred during the multiple rounds of IVF were just not destined to be babies. Some of the ladies I met though felt like complete failures. They had been through multiple miscarriages and been told by Drs that there was no medical reason for them or ladies like me who just couldn't get pregnant and they felt ashamed for failing to give their partners a child or parents a grandchild etc.

That need for motherhood in some people is so strong isn't it?

Last edited by AnnieK; 25-11-2020 at 12:10 PM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote